Happy Heart = Healthy Heart
You can achieve a tighter tummy! Washboard abs may seem like a far-away goal, but there are some healthy habits that you can start building right now to help you get those flat abs. Lifestyle changes are hugely beneficial, in addition to exercise, to minimize the amount of fat that creeps around our waistbands.
Here are three lifestyle changes to flatten your stomach:
- Lower your stress levels. When you are stress, your body releases the hormone cortisol. Cortisol has a big impact on how your body stores fat. In fact, consistently high levels of cortisol can lead to an increase in belly fat. In order to prevent this, keep your stress levels low. Take a few 5 minute breaks throughout the day just for yourself. You can take a walk or simply sit and focus on your breathing.
- Reduce the amount of salt you eat each day. Salt helps your body hold onto extra water, causing you to feel, and look bloated. Try to choose lower sodium options, don’t add salt to your food and keep in mind that even liquids (like diet soda!) can contain sodium. To be sure, take a peek at the nutrition label when you’re eating and try to choose products that are low in sodium.
- Check your posture. Look confident and proud when you walk around! Keeping your shoulders pulled back and standing upright can make you look slimmer. Also, your core becomes engaged while you stand and sit with good posture. Keeping your stomach muscles engaged with good posture will lead to a flatter stomach over time.
Leading a healthy lifestyle has numerous benefits, and a stronger core is one of them!
Remember: A happy heart leads to a healthy heart!
Latest posts by Ashley Richards (see all)
- A Spectacular Day at the Advantage Training Speed & Agility Camp - July 14, 2016
- Sweet Spot - April 7, 2016
- Build a Healthy Kitchen - March 17, 2016